Honeycomb is our low cost solution for archiving data. We wanted something that was easy to use and has easy to understand billing.
Some of the benefits:
- Archive Rules are set in Control and data is automatically pushed to Honeycomb on the schedule you set
- There is no cost to move data in to or out of Honeycomb
- Honeycomb is extremely resilient – data is stored on highly-available storage clusters
- Honeycomb is air-gapped which has two distinct benefits:
- Your client software cannot see the files – which means the client software cannot delete them either accidentally or maliciously.
- Honeycomb files have a minimum expiry date – which means users cannot delete them either accidentally or maliciously.
Data is copied into Honeycomb and files can be restored directly from Honeycomb.
It is a requirement that you setup GFS (Grandfather-Father-Son) on your Veeam Backup Copy Job to have at least 1 copy. We advise setting a high value in your Backup Copy job to ensure that your GFS images are not overwritten before being transferred to Probax Honeycomb.
All stored Honeycomb images have a minimum retention period. These periods are defined below:
Weekly – 7 days
Monthly – 28 days
Quarterly – 90 days
Yearly – 365 days
After GFS has been set, Veeam will trigger a standalone restore point to be created on our side which is not part of your backup chain. Honeycomb’s VTL Automation then finds this restore point and sticks it in the archive, removing it from Hyperformance storage.
The number of restore points that you set in Control will apply to all Veeam Backup Copy jobs. For example, if you have two Veeam jobs replicating to us, and you set Honeycomb to keep 4 weekly restore points, then you will have a total of 8 files (2 jobs x 4 restore points). If you create a new Backup Copy Job or rename an existing one at any time, the new GFS points will not overwrite the images of previous jobs already stored in Probax Honeycomb.
To get a restore point out of Honeycomb, click Restore and the specified data will be copied into Hyperformance where it can be accessed by Veeam. You may need to rescan the Cloud Repository from the local side to see the file.
For Technical support questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For sales and product information, contact your Partner Manager.