Simple, secure, sweet. Everything you need for long-term data retention
Honeycomb Archive Storage is Probax's low-cost solution for archiving data. We wanted something that was easy to use and has easy to understand billing.
- Archive Rules are set in Hive and data is automatically pushed to Honeycomb from Probax's BaaS storage based on the schedule you set
- There is no cost to move data in to or out of Honeycomb
- Honeycomb is extremely resilient - data is stored on highly-available storage clusters
- Honeycomb is air-gapped which has two distinct benefits:
- Your client software cannot see the files - which means the client software cannot delete them either accidentally or maliciously.
- Honeycomb files have a minimum expiry date - which means users cannot delete them either accidentally or maliciously.
Configure the Veeam Backup Copy Job
It is a requirement that you setup GFS (Grandfather-Father-Son) on your Veeam Backup Copy Job to have at least 1 copy.
We advise setting a high value in your Backup Copy job to ensure that your GFS images are not overwritten before being transferred to Probax Honeycomb
Configure Honeycomb Archive Storage in Hive
All stored Honeycomb images have a minimum retention period. These periods are defined below:
Weekly – 7 days
Monthly – 28 days
Quarterly – 90 days
Yearly – 365 days
After GFS has been set, Veeam will trigger a standalone restore point to be created on our side which is not part of your backup chain. Honeycomb's Automation then finds this restore point and moves it to the archive, removing it from Hyperformance storage.
The number of restore points that you set in Hive will apply to all Veeam Backup Copy jobs. For example, if you have two Veeam jobs replicating to us, and you set Honeycomb to keep 4 weekly restore points, then you will have a total of 8 files (2 jobs x 4 restore points). If you create a new Backup Copy Job or rename an existing one at any time, the new GFS points will not overwrite the images of previous jobs already stored in Honeycomb.
Restore from Honeycomb Archive Storage
To get a restore point out of Honeycomb, click Restore and the specified data will be copied into Hyperformance where it can be accessed by Veeam. You may need to re-scan the Cloud Repository from the local side to see the file.
For technical support questions, please contact email@example.com
For sales and product information, contact your Partner Manager.