Scout is an intelligent agent designed to reduce backup maintenance time with automated monitoring and error fixes.
- Authenticates to local folders/NAS backups to be able to resolve cloud-side CRC or chain errors.
- Intelligently uses FTP to autonomously transfer files to the cloud side in real-time for resolving errors.
- Scans Windows Services to provide accurate information of firewall and anti-virus software on accessible machines.
We encourage all partners to use Probax Scout for ShadowProtect backups. To install and configure it, simply:
- Open Probax Hive.
- Select the account that you wish to install Scout on - Make sure you have a ShadowProtect storage space assigned to this user already.
- Click on "Manage Scouts":
- Select the "No Scout installed - deploy New Scout for this Storage Space" box:
- Download and execute the Scout Installer executable.
- On some machines you may need to click on “More Info” then “Run Anyway”:
- Once installed simply enter the Scout link code (not case sensitive) and click on the ‘Link Scout’ button. To check the Scout Link has been successful click the ‘Check Scout Link’ button on Hive.
- Modify your local authentication so that Scout can see your ShadowProtect data. To do this, select the section below:
If the data is hosted on a NAS, the credentials inserted into Hive will need to be the NAS credentials.
- If you choose, you can also adjust to modify the Run Schedule by selecting the field next to Run Schedule.
- You are now complete! Scout will now proactively resolve your ShadowProtect data protection concerns.
The authentication user will be required to have both read and write permissions for Probax Scout to function as intended. Please visit the following KB for more information and frequently asked questions for using Scout, including a list of properties to be white-listed.
Scout will not check-in for the first time until it is inside the run schedule. The default is from 6 pm