All Veeam licensing works on a per-VM or per-physical machine basis.
Veeam Cloud Connect licences
Cloud Connect licences are calculated automatically based on the number of VMs that are replicating to us and will be charged to your account accordingly.
Veeam Agent licences
Veeam Agents deployed from Veeam Backup and Replication Console need to be licensed inside Veeam Backup and Replication. The Veeam Agents will consume a licence from within Veeam Backup and Replication in order to run. For example, you will require 5 Veeam Agent licences in order to deploy 5 Veeam Agent jobs.
Alternatively, Veeam Agent for Windows standalone clients can be licensed from the GUI, or through Probax Scout.
We can supply Veeam licences for your Veeam products – simply:
- Login to Probax Control
- Open the end user that you’d like to request licences for
- Click on the Licences button on the Actions bar:
- Request the appropriate licences
- Download the licence file
Applying a Veeam licence
Veeam Backup and Replication
- Download the provided .lic file from Probax Control and copy it to your Veeam B&R Console.
- Click the drop down box up top left hand side and select Licence.
- In the Licence Configuration you are able to browse to your .lic file and select it. This will license your Veeam product.
- Your product is now licensed!
Veeam Agent for Windows
There are three methods to licensing Veeam Agent for Windows.
- License through Veeam B&R Console – Follow the steps mentioned in Veeam Backup and Replication to license your Veeam Agent backups.
- License through Probax Scout:
- Follow the Probax Scout Installation Guide to allow Scout to automatically license your Veeam Agent for Windows standalone client.
- License manually:
- Obtain a license from Probax Control.
- Open the Veeam Agent for Windows client.
- Click “About”.
- In the Version section, click the following link:
Update license to get additional features — if the license is not installed yet.
Manage license and edition — if the license is already installed on the Veeam Agent computer, and you want to change the license.
- In the dialog window, click Install and browse to the LIC file.
For Technical support questions, please contact email@example.com
For sales and product information, contact your Partner Manager.